Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Excellence of the Word

Excellence of the Word "The Excellence of the Word (Proverbs 22:17-21)"
11X14"
Mixed media

Just a little fun with some calligraphy and collage and paint...

Here are the verses (I see that they are difficult to read from my tiny picture):

"Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise, and apply your heart to my knowledge; for it is a pleasant thing if you keep them within you; let them all be fixed upon your lips, so that your trust my be in the Lord; I have instructed you today, even you.  Have I not written to you excellent things of counsels and knowledge, that I may make you know the certainty of the words of truth, that you may answer words of truth to those who send to you?"

When I came across these verses in my daily reading, they just grabbed a hold of me.  I like to write out verses in calligraphy now and then, because it helps me to meditate on them as I pen them.  So I wrote out these verses.  Then as I was going through some papers in preparation for a yard sale, I came across this flowered scrapbook paper and the canvas board.  It all came together so nicely.  Now it hangs in one of the bunkhouse rooms at Breakthrough 4 Life Ministries to minister to those who stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment