Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Return of La Tortuga

I never thought in a million years that I would actually enjoy the sound of an engine idling.  But the motor on this little home-away-from-home just purrs.  It has been sitting silently for the last three years, collecting dust and empty boxes, but now the RV that I have dubbed "La Tortuga" is being resurrected for a special assignment.  For those who haven't heard the story, this Winnebago used to belong to my late husband, Oscar.  He had acquired it in order to make mission trips down into Central and South America.  When we got married, I was expecting to join him on these trips, but it never materialized.  After Oscar passed away, the Lord made it clear that He wanted me to keep the Winnebago.  At that time I had no idea what the purpose was.

And now it would appear that La Tortuga is getting ready to finally head out on the mission field she was intended for.  It is an exciting opportunity that has been unfolding in the last few months.  The resurrection is only the first part of the adventure, so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment